Niobrara river trip Golden Rule!
"if you don't want to lose it, don't take it"
We offer trips 7 days a week. There are two things to keep in mind when selecting a trip.
1) Adult beverages are NOT allowed at the Ft Niobrara launch site nor on this nine-mile stretch of river. (The U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service has a "NO possession or consumption" policy,) Once you reach Berry Bridge this restriction does not apply unless of course, you are a minor.
2) Tube trips always begin at Berry Bridge on weekends and holidays. Weekday trips can begin at either location; Berry Bridge or Ft Niobrara/Cornell Bridge.
- 4 Hour: Ft Niobrara to Berry (weekday only)
- 4 Hour: Berry to Brewer Bridge ( Sunday through Friday only)
- 6 Hour: Ft Niobrara to Nichols Landing/Smith Falls State Park (6 people minimum with the shuttle as well as weekday only)
- 5.5 Hour: Berry Bridge to Penbrook
- 2 Hour: Ft Niobrara to Berry
- or Berry to Brewer Bridge (Sunday through Friday only)
- 3 Hour: Ft Niobrara to Nichols Landing/Smith Falls State Park (6 people minimum with the shuttle as well as weekday only)
- 3 Hour: Berry Bridge to Penbrook
- 4 Hour: Ft Niobrara to Brewer Bridge (Sunday through Friday only)
- 5 Hour: Ft Niobrara to Penbrook
We also offer trips that are customized to fit your needs. If you don't see something listed like a shorter tube trip or a later launch time, please call us at 402-376-2046. We can see what we can do.
- Is required at the main office in Valentine. Either the day/night before or the morning of your trip unless other arrangements have already been made.
Morning Bus Shuttle:
- Thirty or forty-five-minute drive from Valentine.
- Allow yourself enough travel time from Valentine to your bus stop.
- Arrive early so you can get your cooler and other items unloaded and ready to board the shuttle.
- Remember there most likely will be others riding the shuttle, so be on time. If you are late you may have to catch a later shuttle if there is one or take a shorter trip at your expense. We do understand, however, that things happen such as a flat tire or a phone app that misdirects a person. We will do our best to figure out a work-around.
Shuttle Back to Camp:
- Launch time can occur any time after 9:30 a.m. but keep in mind that the first return shuttle is not until 3:00 pm or 3:30 pm.
- Return Shuttles: 3:00, 5:00 (Sunday through Friday)-Penbrook
- Return Shuttles: 3:00, 4:00, 5:00 and 6:00 (Saturday)-Penbrook
- Return Shuttles: 3:30, 4:30 (Sunday through Friday)-Brewer
- Return Shuttles: 3:30, 4:30, 5:30 (Sunday through Friday only)-Brewer
- Shuttle times are subject to change based on the river levels and wind. Headwinds will slow you down and the river levels will be different in the spring compared to summer's peak season.
Round Trip - Motel Pick-up and Return Shuttle: Additional fees added to Base Rate
Return-Shuttle is the same as the shuttle back-to-camp schedule above. The round-trip shuttle option is only available for tubers and requires a minimum number of people. Once in a while due to transportation circumstances, we make exceptions but not a guarantee.
There is also a "no-shuttle" option under shuttles. You transport your people, we haul the equipment.